Enrollment in JIA Elementary for the 2023 - 2024 school year is currently open for grades K-5.
Applications are being accepted for students who reside in one of the following counties: Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, and Ottawa.Student Application ProcessSTEP 1: JIA Application for Enrollment
The application is a brief survey for students and parents to complete together. Some questions require input from both perspectives. This survey is for informational purposes only and will not be scored. Answer the questions honestly to determine if online learning is best for you and your student.JIA Application for EnrollmentSTEP 2: District Registration
All new Jenison Public School enrollments must complete this registration. You can either upload the following documents as part of the online registration or bring them to the JIA office. Current JPS students do not need to complete the online registration.
- Proof of Residency (photocopy of a utility bill, house buy/rental agreement)
Photocopy of your child’s original birth certificate
- Up-to-date Immunization Record or Waiver
- Additional documents if applicable (court orders, custody documents, etc.)
- Using the link provided, any parent or guardian may complete an enrollment registration electronically.
- All incoming Kindergartners must be 5 years old by September 1, 2023 (for the 2023 - 2024 school year).
- All incoming Kindergartners must complete a Health Appraisal Form that can be found on the district website.
- All children entering Kindergarten must be screened prior to placement. The link to sign up is on the Enrollment Registration page.
STEP 3: Review Current School Records for Pre-Acceptance
Once all the above required steps are complete, the JIA Registrar will request any academic records, behavior/discipline records, testing results, IEP/504, and attendance records from your student’s current school. Students who have been homeschooled will need to provide a signed Homeschool Transcript.
STEP 4: Acceptance
The last step before acceptance involves the Principal reviewing records to determine acceptance. The family will be contacted with confirmation or denial of acceptance into JIA. For those accepted, the confirmation communication will include a link to the JIA scheduling form, along with open office hour times to address scheduling/programming questions.