Section 21f of the FY2013 State School Aid Act expands access to digital learning options for students in MIchigan. This legislation enables public school students in grades 6-12, with the consent of a parent or guardian, to enroll in up to two online courses during an academic semester. Enrollment in online courses under Section 21f cannot result in a course load that exceeds a full-time schedule.
For more information on the Implementation of 21f, please click on the link.
If you (student) are interested in enrolling in an online course, please make sure that you follow these steps:
- Review 21f Implementation Guidelines for eligibility
- Identify the online course(s) you would like to request (see Online Resources below)
- Complete Online Course Request Form
- You will receive an email with your completed course request information. Print the form you are sent, review with a parent/guardian, and obtain necessary signatures.
- Return the form to the counseling office. Due Dates: Semester 1 - March 1 Semester 2 - November 1
- Acceptance/Denial will be communicated by the end of the current semester