"All students will grow intellectually, emotionally and socially while becoming lifelong learners."
- National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award
Bursley Elementary - 2015
Pinewood Elementary - 2017
- U.S. News & World Report Best high Schools in America
- Newsweek's Best High Schools in America
2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2013,
- Washington Post's America's Most Challenging High Schools
2011, 2012, 2013
- 100 Best Communities in the Nation for Music Education
2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- A GRAMMY Foundation Signature School
2002, 2003, 2004
- Capturing Kids' Hearts National Schools Showcase Award
Bauerwood Elementary - 2018
Jenison High School has again been named by US News and World Report as one of the “Best High Schools” in America!
2019-2020 2nd Semester School of Choice Application Information
Jenison Public Schools is accepting Schools of Choice Applications under Section 105 (residents within Ottawa County) and Section 105c (residents outside Ottawa County) for grades Kindergarten through 12th grade for the 2nd semester of the 2019-2020 school year.
Parents can apply by submitting the Non-Resident Enrollment Application or by completing the 2019-2020 online registration below.
Applications for grades 7-12 must be received between December 9 – 20, 2019.
Applications for grades K-6 must be received between January 6 – 17, 2020.
According to the rules of the MHSAA there are eligibility criteria of which every transfer student-athlete should be aware. Please contact the High School Athletic Office at 616-667-3366 for more information.
Parents of special education students should contact Mary Pollock, Director of Special Education, at 616-667-3235 prior to applying.
Elementary Start/End Times:
8:45 - First Bell
3:40 - School Dismissed
Junior/Senior High Start/End Times:
8:00 - 1st Hour
2:45 - School Dismissed
Before and After School Care
2019-2020 Before and After School Care Registration Forms for TK-6th graders are available here.
Parent Bus Tracking System
JPS parents can now find out exactly where their child's school bus is on the route and estimated time of arrival to their stop. In order to do this, each parent must follow these steps;
- Register - Register for the Tracking System
- Log In - After you have completed the Registration process you can Log in and track your child's bus!