Welcome to JIA Junior High!
JIA Junior High School provides personalized learning experiences for students in grades 7-8 by providing mastery-based programming with flexible options. Our committed staff at JIA understands that junior high is a time of transition when students need a stable learning environment that fosters a positive atmosphere of cooperation and respect. By challenging students with high expectations, students grow as critical thinkers and life-long learners.
JIA Junior High Learning Options
Junior High School students enrolled in JIA are provided with the following learning options through Jenison Public Schools:
- Online Learning Options: Completely online courses utilizing Blackboard
- Blended Learning Options: Blend of traditional face-to-face classroom meetings supported by online courses utilizing Blackboard
- Traditional Face-to-Face Options: offered as a split schedule at Jenison Junior High
- Learning Center on JIA’s campus and Virtual Learning Center
- Personalized Mentoring with assigned Mentor Teacher
- Live Virtual Class Connect Sessions Weekly
- STEM-focused curriculum
- Educational Development Plans (EDPs)
- Enrollment in High School Courses
- Participation in MHSAA Athletics, Clubs, Organizations, and Extracurricular Activities
- Participation in Performing Arts and Music Programs
- Jenison Student I.D.