7-12 Junior/Senior High Enrollment

Enrollment in JIA Junior/Senior High for the 2020 - 2021 school year is currently open for grades 7-12.

Applications are being accepted for students who reside in one of the following counties: Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, and Ottawa.

Student Application Process

STEP 1: Junior/Senior High (7-12) Application

The application is a brief survey for students and parents to complete together. Some questions require input from both perspectives.  This survey is for informational purposes only and will not be scored. These questions are merely to help determine whether or not your child is a good candidate for hands on learning in this specialized program.

JIA Junior/Senior High (7-12) Online Application

STEP 2: District Registration

Using the link provided, any parent or guardian may complete an enrollment registration electronically.

Electronic Registration (2020-2021 School Year)

All new Jenison Public School enrollments must complete this registration. Please either upload the following documents as part of the online registration or bring them to the JIA offices. If your student attends a school in JPS, please complete the registration as if you are a new student to the district.

  • Proof of Residency (photocopy of a utility bill, house buy/rental agreement
  • Photocopy of your child’s original birth certificate
  • Up-to-date Immunization Record
  • Additional documents if applicable (court orders, custody documents, etc.)

STEP 3: Records Request

Once all the above steps are complete, the JIA registrar will request any academic records, behavior/discipline records, testing results, and attendance records from your student’s current school.  Typically, for junior high and high school students, we wait until the end of the semester/school year to request these records as they give us an accurate and clear indication of high school credits earned and whether your student will be successful in an online learning environment. Students who have been homeschooled will need to provide a signed Homeschool Transcript.

STEP 4: Principal Meeting

The last step before acceptance involves a meeting for both you and your student with the school principal. If accepted, the principal will create a tentative class schedule for the school year.