Section 21f of the FY2013 State School Aid Act expands access to digital learning options for students in MIchigan. This legislation enables public school students in grades 6-12, with the consent of a parent or guardian, to enroll in up to two online courses during an academic semester. Enrollment in online courses under Section 21f cannot result in a course load that exceeds a full-time schedule.
For more information on the Implementation of 21f, please click on the link.
If you (student) are interested in enrolling in an online course, please make sure that you follow these steps:
- Review and discuss with your parents Online Learning Readiness Rubric (below)
- Schedule a meeting with the counselor, student, and parent/guardian during the course registration window
- Review 21f Implementation Guidelines (below) for eligibility
- During the Course Requests Process (February), select Online Course from your Registration Worksheet to take part in this Online Learning opportunity
- Print and complete the Online Learning Readiness Rubric (below) and discuss it with your family
- Print and complete the Enrollment Request Form (below)
- Print and complete the Online Learning Agreement (below)
- Return the forms (#5, #6, #7 above) to your school counselor Due Dates: Semester 1 - March 1 Semester 2 - November 1
- Acceptance/Denial will be communicated by the end of the current semester