Medication Permission Form 2017-2018
All medications, prescription and non-prescription, require a medication form.
Classroom Supply Lists
WATCH D.O.G.S. Dads
Fathers and Father-figures, Our WATCH D.O.G.S.® (Dads Of Great Students) Program is going strong. WATCH D.O.G.S.® is an innovative program being used by schools across America which helps them to be positively impacted by the committed involvement of fathers and father-figures in their student’s life. The goal is to have you spend at least one day this year at the school to be a positive male role model and provide an extra set of eyes and ears. Dads, granddads, uncles, step-dads and adult brothers . . . this is your chance to have some special time with your child in a fun atmosphere at school. In order to participate, you need to do two things:
- Fill out a background check (available in the office)
- Pick an available date from our calendar across from the office
Feel free to call the office if you have any questions at 457-1404 or check out their website for the latest information on the program.
Reduced Lunch Applications
Please click on the Food Service web site for Free and Reduced applications. Students are responsible for any lunch taken during the approval process which can take 5 days.
Keep Track of Your Child's Lunch Account Online
If you would like to keep track of your child's lunch account, you may do so by registering on line by clicking on the Food Service link or by going to www.lunchdeposit.com. Just call the school office at 457-1404 or Food Service at 457-2400 to receive your child's student number. This number is needed to register on line.
Breakfast is available every morning to all students attending Sandy Hill from 8:20 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. at at cost of $1.25. Students that qualify for free or reduced lunches can receive breakfast for the same rate as they do for lunch. No need to sign up or call ahead!
Snow Day Procedure for Hot Lunch
Food service would like to remind parents and students about what will happen if school is closed due to weather. If the district is closed, the menu that was supposed to be served on the snow day will be moved to the next school day. An example: if school is canceled on Tuesday due to weather, Tuesday’s menu will be served on Wednesday and the menu that was scheduled for Wednesday will be completely canceled. Because of our computer lunch account system, there will be no need to issue credits and your student will still be able to order a lunch if they need one. The only exception to this policy is if school is canceled on Friday. In this case, Friday’s menu will be completely canceled and we will continue with the regular menu on Monday. Information on what menu will be served on the day you return will be available on the food service web page at www.jenhudfood.org. Please feel free to contact the food service department at 457-2400 if you have
any questions or are unsure of what the menu will be.
The goal of education is to provide all learners with a solid foundation of skills, knowledge, and understandings that are necessary for their continual growth and success as students within the school setting and as adults in society. Sandy Hill Elementary School is committed to providing a nurturing environment that cultivates excellence and respect, enabling our children to accept their individuality and the individual differences of others. All aspects of the child's development will be mutually supported through open communication involving child, teacher, and parent.
The core curriculum at Sandy Hill Elementary School provides areas of language arts, mathematics, social studies, science, health, physical education, vocal music, art and enrichment activities. The curriculum has been developed by teams of teachers and administrators, following consideration of research findings and the best educational practices. Sandy Hill and district teams refine and improve portions of the curriculum each year.
Effective October 15, 2006, our school district will provide accident coverage for all students. Outlined below is important information regarding this coverage. It is intended as a brief description for reference only, and is not the policy.
Only ACCIDENTS that occur in school-sponsored and supervised activities including participants in interscholastic sports are covered.
DEFINITION OF ACCIDENT:
An unexpected, sudden and definable event which is the direct cause of a bodily injury, independent of any illness, prior injury or congenital predisposition.
Conditions that result from participating in an activity do not necessarily constitute accidents. For example, illnesses, diseases, degeneration, conditions caused by continued stress to a particular area of the body, and existing conditions aggravated by an accident are not covered.
- This plan of insurance is EXCESS ONLY. It will not duplicate benefits paid or payable by any other insurance or plan including HMO's or PPO's.
- The policy will not cover expenses payable under the insured's HMO (Health Maintenance Organization), or PPO (Preferred Provider Organization). If the insured chooses not to use an authorized medical vendor (under HMO or PPO), the policy will only cover expenses incurred that it would have honored had the insured used the proper medical vendor.
- Medical treatment for a covered accident must begin within 60 days of that accident. Only expenses incurred within 52 weeks are considered. Benefits are determined on the basis of REASONABLE AND CUSTOMARY for the geographic location where services are performed.
- Specific exclusions of the policy include, but are not limited to, sickness, disease, or hernia in any form; non-prescription drugs; fighting; and orthotics not prescribed exclusively for rehabilitation (e.g., playing brace, mouth guard).
- Any person who knowingly presents a fraudulent claim containing any false or misleading information is guilty of insurance fraud and may be subject to fines and confinement in prison.
Accidents must be reported to the school within 20 days. Proof of loss must be submitted to First Agency, Inc. within 90 days after medical treatment ends. Questions regarding claim procedures may be directed to First Agency, Inc. at 5071 West H Avenue, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009 or 269-381-6630 or Fax 269-381-3055.
HOW TO FILE YOUR ACCIDENT CLAIM FORM:
- Pick-up claim form from your school office.
- Complete ALL blanks. If information is not applicable, indicate the reason it is not (e.g., deceased, unknown).
- Attach all ITEMIZED bills (not balance due statements) for MEDICAL EXPENSES ONLY.
- Include all worksheets, denials, and/or statements of benefits from your primary insurer. (Each charge must be processed by all other insurances/plans before they can be processed by First Agency, Inc.)
- If you are employed and no coverage is provided by your employer, A LETTER OF VERIFICATION FROM YOUR EMPLOYER STATING THAT NO COVERAGE IS PROVIDED MUST BE SUBMITTED.
- Mail within 90 days of the accident to:
First Agency, Inc.
5071 West H Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49009-8501
Jenison Public Schools / MI
Sand DOLLAR Store!
Students are able to earn sand dollars to buy prizes in the store. Students can receive dollars from any Sandy Hill Staff for exhibiting good Go4It behavior. Each classroom teacher will have a day each week to send students to the store with their sand dollars. We purchase many items for students to purchase but heavily rely on people donating items. If you would like to donate items to the store, please bring them into the office or send them in with your child. We are proud to have such a positive reinforcement program in our building!