Parent Information

Bauerwood Information

Immunization Information

Dear Parents of Sixth Grade Students,

Beginning in the fall of 2014, Public School Districts in Michigan are required by state law to verify that all 7th grade students’ immunization requirements are met prior to students attending school.

All children entering the seventh grade will need to have had:

  • Two varicella (chickenpox) vaccines or parent confirmation that the child has had the disease;
  • One dose of the Meningococcal (MCV4 or MPSV4) vaccine; and
  • One dose of tetanus/diphtheria/acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine if 5 years or more have passed since the last dose of tetanus/diphtheria vaccine (DTaP, Td, or DT) was administered.

Please review your child’s immunization record and contact your physician or local health department if additional doses are needed or if you are uncertain whether or not your child’s immunizations are up to date.

If you have not already scheduled an appointment for your child to receive these immunizations, you may want to do so as soon as possible.  Physician offices and health department clinics anticipate appointment times will be limited as we get closer to the first day of school.

If you choose to waive an immunization, waiver forms must be obtained through the Ottawa County Health Department.  Call their office to schedule a waiver appointment.

Should you have questions regarding the new state requirements I encourage you to contact your health care provider, or the local health department. The telephone numbers for the health departments are:

  • Ottawa County Health Department, Hudsonville Branch                 669-0040
  • Kent County Health Department                                                  632-7100

Please feel free to contact me at or by phone at 457-8839 should you have questions regarding updating your child’s school record.

Thank you for your assistance.


Lorri Gierman
Registrar/Pupil Accounting

Medication Permission Form

All medications, prescription and non-prescription, require a medication form. 

PDF DocumentPlease click here for the JPS Elementary Medication Consent Form.