Jenison Global - Scotland Business Program
With internal accreditation and center approval by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA), a government awarding body of Scotland, students may earn direct college credit while enrolled at Jenison. By following the outlined pathways of business courses in grades 9-12, students are afforded the opportunity to obtain a year-one college degree in Scotland, known as a Higher National Certificate.
JIA is responsible for all SQA student data entry and tracking throughout the school year, uploading course outcomes into the U.K. database. Additionally, JIA ensures all necessary accreditation conditions are maintained annually, while also working with teaching staff to stay current with SQA assessments and requirements each semester.
Students within the Jenison Global - SQA Program may take a combination of traditional and online courses, along with a summer study abroad opportunity to successfully complete their HNC. This distinctive program provides a diverse exposure to international business and industry.
Benefits of the Jenison Global - Scotland Business Program
Fall 2016 Induction/Orientation
For new SQA Candidates/Students, Fall Induction will take place in September. Attendance is mandatory.
Important Dates for SQA Students Grades 9 - 11:
- The deadline for all first semester assessments to be submitted is Friday, January 20, 2017 by 3:00pm to the assigned teacher.
- The deadline for any corrections or remediation is Friday, February 10, 2017 by 3:00pm to the assigned teacher. All grades are final and submitted to Scotland on this date!
- Enrolled full-time at Jenison Public Schools (JHS or JIA)
- Entering 9th or 10th grade as of September 2016
- Interest in Business as a career pathway
- 2.0 GPA
- Commitment to a program of study (2-3 years) in high school, including one (1) summer course requirement for Business Law / HR Management
- Complete application and reference forms submitted by deadline
Note: Students applying to the Jenison Global - SQA program must do so prior to taking and completing any of the required business courses; the international credit is earned concurrently with each Jenison business course.
Jenison Partner Schools in Scotland
Jenison SQA Center accreditation, along with delivery of standards and assessments is done so with full approval of the Jenison Board of Education and/or Designee.