Early childhood education begins with great teachers!
Names like Mr. Harig, Mrs. Heinz, Mrs. Thomas, Mr. Braginton, Mr. Smolen, Ms. Berube, and Ms. Leatherman, and lots of support staff are here to make a difference. Providing high quality transitional kindergarten is a commitment to our children’s future. According to Pre-K Now, a national educational organization:
- Pre-k increases high school graduation rates.
- Pre-k helps children do better on standardized tests. Michigan fourth graders who had attended pre-k passed the state's literacy and math assessment tests at higher rates than their peers who had no pre-k.
- Pre-k reduces grade repetition.
- Pre-k reduces the number of children placed in special education.
Full day pre-k goes hand in hand with our kindergarten program and beyond!
- Physical Education
- Spanish Language and Culture
Gross motor exercise, fine motor, reading readiness, snack, large group, song time, lunch, recess, quiet time, learning stations, specials, mathematics, playtime, hands on science, health, independence, greenhouse and community garden, concept boards, themes, small group instruction, free exploration, creating crafts, leadership, sharing, and many other concepts are part of our new and improved program . More information? Call 457-1406!