Spanish Immersion Goals
Mastery of the district’s grade level curricular objectives and required state benchmarks.
Development of a high level of proficiency in Spanish literacy, (speaking, reading, and writing).
Acquire a knowledge understanding and appreciation of other world cultures and people.
COMMUNICATE IN LANGUAGES OTHER THAN ENGLISH
- Students engage in conversations, provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions
- Students understand and interpret written and spoken language on a variety of topics
- Students present information, concepts, and ideas to an audience of listeners or readers on a variety of topics.
GAIN KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF OTHER CULTURES
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the practices and perspectives of the culture studied
- Students demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the products and perspectives of the culture studied
CONNECT WITH OTHER DISCIPLINES AND ACQUIRE INFORMATION
- Students reinforce and further their knowledge of other disciplines through the foreign language
- Students acquire information and recognize the distinctive viewpoints that are only available through the foreign language and its cultures
DEVELOP INSIGHT INTO THE NATURE OF LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
- Students demonstrate understanding of the nature of language through comparisons of the language studied and their own
- Students demonstrate understanding of the concept of culture through comparisons of the cultures studied and their own.
PARTICIPATE IN MULTILINGUAL COMMUNITIES AT HOME & AROUND THE WORLD
- Students use the language both within and beyond the school setting
- Students show evidence of becoming life-long learners by using the language for personal enjoyment and enrichment.
Based on the National Standards in Foreign Language Education